Skip to main content

Ghoster all the way!

     There are many hardships people face in life. My family and I have faced a bit of it in the past few months. There are also many good things that people face that will always motivate them to do better. Over the past few years of doing this blog of and randomly posting sculpts of things that I was working on, I kept trying to keep promises to myself and to the very few people who see them. unfortunately, those hardships and major life events that were good things need to always come first. The tough part that I am sure many other people who aspire to make toys deal with is the lousy fact that this is not our first job, if not something you only get to work on once a week or even longer in between.
     I don't expect to separate myself from anybody's situations, but rather to relate to them. I know there are many others out there that have the same dream as I do and want to get projects going to make their dreams reality, but are bogged down by other things both good and bad. Some make it, most don't. Despite all the things that have happened to me, good and bad,  I know I will make it! That really does come down to people giving you support, be it a VERY understanding significant other, friends, or even the kind words of a person you've never met before on the internet.
     The thing that kept bothering me about what I've been posting on here is that everything except Twist Kid hasn't panned out... yet. One thing you must know about me is that every thing I do eventually comes around. It's all a major learning experience that I've been picking up along the way. Learning how to do this stuff really drives me and I'm sure like many of us keeps us up at night trying to figure out how to do it better than we have. What I am working on right now is just the thing I needed to really get myself jumpstarted again...

GHOSTER!

Original wax sculpt

Getting the mold ready


Forming the mold

The finished mold with first test cast

So It's nice to have finally put together a mold on my own that and successfully casted something without bubble problems. I guess I just kept over complicated things and all I needed to do was to keep it simple. I do plan to do much more with this and I'm sure it will be a good thing. 

Take us out Ghoster:
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of Mega-drive fun while we wait

As you recall in one of the previous posts, I made some sprite animations of the potential characters for the King Liger series. While there is no guarantee that they will be made, I thought it would be cool to try a different approach to them in pixel art. I really enjoyed the semi-real look of early Sega Genesis/Megadrive games, so I thought I would give it a go with M.Stangdaalyn. Here are a few that I have done. Enjoy! Update on King Liger: Currently he is safe in Japan, sitting cue to be made. More on that as it develops. In the mean time, please enjoy this kick line:

King Liger is here!

Happy new year! To ring it in, King Liger is here to officially announce he is completed. He will be available for purchase later this month after all Kickstarter rewards are fulfilled. In the mean time here are some close up pics showing him off.